Hindu Religious Institutions
- Appointment of Board of Trustees/Special Officer/Executive Officer to administer the temples coming under the purview of Hindu Religious Institutions as per the Puducherry Hindu Religious Institutions Act, 1972 and Rules, 1975.
- Release of Grant-in-aid to purview temples for the purpose of renovation and special repairs.
- Release of Financial assistance to the tune of Rs.2,50,000/- in two installments to non-purview temples situated in Economically Weaker Section Area / Adi-dravidar Colony Area in the Union Territory of Puducherry.
- Sanction of financial assistance for the following purposes to the temples having poor resources in the Union Territory of Puducherry.
- Performance of Oru Kala Pooja- Rs.20,000/- per annuam
- Payment of Electricity consumption charges - Rs.1000/- per annum
- Payment of Water consumption charges- Rs.500/- per annum
- Supervision / Inspection / Audit of temples administration.
- Payment of honorarium to pandit imparting training classes in Agama / vedic principles.
Puducherry State Wakf Board:
- Appointment of Mutavalli / Executive Officer to manage, regulate, protect and administer the mosques registered in the Puducherry State Wakf Boad.
- Release of Grant-in-aid to registered mosques, Dargahs and Madarassa for the purpose of renovation and special repairs.
- Release of Educational scholarships as detailed below to minority muslim students through Puducherry State Wakf Board
- H.Sc – 1st & 2nd Year / Madarassa Education- Rs.1000/-
- Diploma courses - Rs.1500/-
- Bachelor Degree Courses (U.G)- Rs.2000/-
- Master Degree Courses (P.G) - Rs.3000/-
- echnical / Professional Courses - Rs.8000/-
- Payment of monthly pension @ 1000/- each to retired Ulemas of registered wakf are being extended through the Puducherry State Wakf Board, Puducherry.
- Centralized Computing Facility (CCF)- Computerization of records of Waqfs – Material / Copy documents
- Strengthening of Waqf Board:
- Development of Waqf Properties:
- Celebration of Meelad-un-Nabi
Puducherry Haj Committee:
The functions of the Haj Committee is to invite applications from the intending Muslim people from the Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam, who are proposed to perform Haj Pilgrimage and selection of Haj Pilgrimage would be made by computerized Qurrah (selection by lot) by the Haj Committee of India, Mumbai and selected Pilgrims would be vaccinated against Meningitis and Oral Polio and they would be sent to Mecca Saudi Arabia to perform Haj Pilgrimage through Tamil Nadu Haj Committee as there is no embarkation point at Puducherry.