1. GRANT-IN-AID TO PURVIEW TEMPLES:
In the context of Government Policy to promote democratic decentralization, proper maintenance and due administration of religious institutions have always been considered as one of primary responsibility. The religious institutions of the Union Territory of Puducherry were in esteemed position in decades back. But owning to several changes which took place in the State and consequent to the replacement of old rules and regulations many of the religious institutions are facing much difficulties to discharge even their primary functions in view of their poor resources. In the circumstances, there is no other alternative for the Government but to render financial assistance to the religious institutions by way of Grant-in-aid to improve their dilapidated condition. The rules do not provide for erection of modern structures in the vicinity of ancient temples in general, and especially in the case of protected central monuments which might be in worship. Even here, however, funds for conservation, if requested will be met like “deposit works”. In order to facilitate the expeditious sanction of the grant-in-aid to the religious institutions to improve effectiveness, the principals governing the object for which grant may be sanctioned the procedure for making application for grant-in-aid, the conditions attached to the grant and the obligations imposed on the religious institutions for due observance and other ancillary matters connected therewith are set out in detail.
Grant-in-aid to the religious institutions may be made for the purpose of renovation and special repairs or repairs.
Quantum of Grant-in-aid
The quantum of aid payable to the religious institutions shall be 66 2/3% of the estimated cost of work as technically approved by the competent authority for which grant is sought and the remaining 33 1/3% of the estimated cost shall be made by the Board of Trustees of the temple by way of collection or donation from the Public.
Maintenance of accounts by the Board of Trustees:
The Board of trustees shall maintain separate accounts for collection made and expenditure incurred in connection with the renovation or repairs of the temples.
Collection shall be made by the issue of printed duplicate receipt with separate serial numbers specially printed for the purpose. The treasurer shall sign and issue the original receipt and retain the duplicate for record.
The collection realized shall be deposited then and there in an approved bank in a separate account opened for the purpose in the name of the concerned religious institutions. As and when moneys are required to be withdrawn, the president and the treasurer of committee will jointly draw from it by issuing cheques. The cheques books and pass book shall be in the custody of treasurer.
There shall be a preservation committee at state level constituted by the Government. The convenor of Archeological Advisory committee, Puducherry will be the chairman and the four other members consisting of Superintending Archeologist southern circle, madras, Director of Public work Department, Puducherry, Special Officer for Religious and Charitable Institutions, Puducherry and one non-official member nominated by the Government from time to time. All decisions should be without any dissenting note, for meriting acceptance.
Procedure for making applications for grant-in-aid:
Any religious institutions not being also a centrally protected monument desiring to obtain grant-in-aid for renovation and special repairs shall make an application for payment of grant-in-aid to the “Special officer for Religious and Charitable Institutions, Puducherry. “Such applications shall be made in the prescribed form to these rules and shall necessarily contain the following particulars:-
- The purposes for which the grant-in-aid is required
- Detailed plan and estimated cost of the entire work
- The amount proposed to be collected by the Board of Trustees.
- The amount of aid applied for
- The period within which the work is to be completed
- An undertaking to the effect that the conditions laid down in these rules will be strictly followed.
Procedure for sanctioning grant-in-aid:
On receipt of applications for Government grants from the authorities of religious institutions, such institutions shall be inspected by the Departmental officers and also the competent authority of the Public Works Department ascertain the extent of renovation that has to be carried out including the probable cost of the proposed works and thereupon obtain the approval of the superintending Archeologist, Southern circle, Madras from archeologist point of view and after his inspection if necessary, and tentatively decide the quantum of money to be sanctioned by way of Government grant to such institution not exceeding the quantum prescribed in the quantum of grant-in-aid.
Mode of payment of grant-in-aid:
Amount of grant-in-aid shall be paid one or more than one installment at the discretion of the sanctioning authority. The Government grant shall be given to the Board of trustees of the temple who in turn on receipt of Government grant deposit the amount in a Scheduled Bank. After the completion of the renovation works the trustees shall furnish the utilization certificate for having utilized the grant.
Condition of the grant:
The amount of grant-in-aid should be utilized only for the purpose for which it is granted. Any portion of the grant which is not ultimately required for expenditure upon the object shall be duly surrendered to the Government. The amount of grant-in-aid is to be utilized within a period of one year from the date of receipt of sanction of grant-in-aid except in case where time limit exceeding one year has been fixed by sanctioning authority with reference to the successive stages of the work. The accounts of renovation are caused to be audited by the Pay and Accounts Office, Puducherry or any other authority competent to do so.
Necessary Form(s) may be downloaded from the Documents of this website
2. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO NON-PURRVIEW TEMPLES
Grant of financial assistance is being extended to non-purview temples that are not coming under the direct control of Puducherry Hindu Religious Institutions Act, 1972, situated in the Ecnomically Weaker Section Area / Adi-dravidar colony in the Union Territory of Puducherry.
Financial asistance to the Hindu religious institutions may be made for the purpose of renovation and special repairs or repairs.
Quantum of aid:
The quantum of aid payable to the hindu religious institutions shall be fixed by the Government and notified in the official gazettee by the department or 50% of th estimated cost of work, whichever is lease. At present, the Government is fixed the aid to the tune of Rs.2,50,000/-. The amount shall be sanctioned in two instalments by assessing the execution of work at each phase. Sanctioning of the second installment is subject to the production of Utilization Certificate for the amount released as first instalment and submission of bills and vouchers in original for twice the amount released in first installment and the remaining part of the estimated cost not less than the financial assistance granted shall be made by temple authorities by way of collection or donation from the public.
Eligibility criteria to receive the grant under these rules shall be as follows:
- The Hindu Religious Institutions situated in the Economically Weaker Section Area / Adi-dravidar colony area that are not coming under the direct control of the Pondicherry Hindu Religious Institutions Act, 1972, shall be benefited under this scheme. The institution is a place of public worship and not owned by any private party. If originally owned by a private party it should have been donated for religious cause and public utility and such transfer of ownership duly supported by proper legal documents.
- The grant shall be exented only for the purposes of renovation and special repairs to refurbish the temples with dilapidated structures and strictly not for any new constructions.
- The aid given sball be a one-time assistance. However, the institutions benefited shall be reconsidered for grant after a period of 12 years on par with the guidelines of the Agama principles.
- The total annual income of the temples from all sources shall not exceed Rupees twenty-five thousand only.
Procedure for making applications for financial assistance:-
Hindu Religious Institutions fulfilling the eligibiliy criteria and desiring to obtain financial aisstance for any of the purposes provisioned in the objectives shall submit, an application to the competent authority. Such application shall contain the following particulars:
- The Purpose for which financial assistance is required;
- Detailed plan and estimate of the proposed work, prepared by a registered engineer and approved by the Local Administration Department as per Government norms;
- The amount collected/proposed to be collected by the temple authorities by way of collection or donation from the public;
- The amount of aid applied for;
- The proposed period of execution of the work;
- Annual income of the Religious Institutions (Certificate in Form-B obtained from an officer nominated by the Commissioner, Hindu Religious Institutions, to be enclosed);
Procedure for sanctioning financial assistance:-
- On receipt of application in Form-A from the authorities of the Hindu Religious Institutions, for grant of financial assistance for carrying out renvoation and specil repairs works, a departmental official nominated by the Commissioner, Hindu Religious Institutions, shall inspect such institution and submit a report. The inspection report shall contain the facts as mandatory in Form-C to these rules.
- On scrutiny of the application in Form-A submitted by the temple authorities and the Inspection Report in Form-C, a decision to sanction the quantum of Government grant as prescribed shall be arrived at by the Competent Authority.
- Where the Competent Authority decides that the application is not eligible for financial assistance under these rules, shall inform the authorities of the Hindu Religious Institutions, furnishing reasons thereof.
- Whereas the competent Authority decides that the application is eligble for assistance under these rules, may forward the application to the Government.
Mode of payment:
On receipt of the sanction from the Government, the competent authority shall draw the sanctioned amount and disburse the sum by way of crossed cheque to the authorities of the hinud religious institution on proper acknowledgement and on executing an undertaking in the prescribed form (Form-D).
Condition of the grant:
- The amount of financial assistance sanctioned under these rules shall be utilized only for the purpose for which it is granted. Any portion of the grant that is remaining unspent or not ultimately required for expenditure upon the purpose for which it was sanctioned, shall be duly surrendered to the Government. The amount of grant shall be utilized within a period of one year from the date of receipt. After the utilization of the grant, the authorities of the hindu religious institutions shall furnish the utilization certificate in form-E to the competent authority.
- The temple authorities shall produce a work completion certificate obtained from a registered Engineer, regarding the assessment of work completed and the expenditure involved.
- In case the Hindu Religious Institution does not utilize the amount granted under these rules for the purpose for which it was granted or where the amount is utilized for a purpose other than the one for which it was granted or if it is found by the Competent Authority the authorities of the Hindu Religious Institution have obtained the grant by fraud or by misrepresentation or by suppression of material of the authorities of the Hindu Religious Institutions on demand by the Competent Authority shall forthwith refund the amount granted within thirty days from the date of issue of the notice together with interest at the rates applicable to Government loans and shall also liable action as per rules in force. In this regard, the decision of the Competent Authority shall be final.
- The amount recoverable from the temple under he aforesaid may be recovered as if they were arrears of land revenue.
Maintenance of accounts:
- The temple authorities shall maintain separate accounts for the collection made and the expenditure incurred in connection with the renovation or repairs to the temple.
- All the bills and vouchers in original shall be submitted to the Competent Authority along with the Utilization Certificate within the stipulated time.
The accounts relating to the renovation works shall be subject to internal audit by the office of the Commissioner for Hindu Religious Institutions, Puducherry and caused to be audited by the Directorate of Accounts and Treasuries, Puducherry or any other competent to do.
Necessary Form(s) may be downloaded from Documents of this website
3. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR THE PURPOSE OF PERFORMANCE OF ORUKALA POOJA, PAYMENT OF ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION CHARGES, PAYMENT OF WATER CONSUMPTION CHARGES AND DESILTING OF TANKS/PONDS/WELLS
Financial assistance to the Hindu Religious Institutions shall be made for the following purposes:
- Performance of Oru Kala Pooja
- Payment of Electricity Consumption charges
- Payment of water consumption charges
Desilting of Tanks/Ponds/Wells.
Quantum of aid:
The quantum of aid payable to the Hindu Religious Institutions under this scheme for the purposes stated in the objective shall be the amount fixed by the Government from time to time and notified in the official Gazette. At present, the Government has fixed the amount viz Orukala Pooja – Rs.20,000/-, Electricity consumption charges – Rs.1000., water consumption charges – Rs.500 per annum. The quantum of aid to be sanctioned for purposes provisioned under clauses (ii) and (iii) of rule 3 shall be further restricted to the maximum of actual consumption charges and sanctioned as reimbursement of original bill amount in the succeeding year. Sanction of aid for the purposes under clause (iv) of rule 3 shall be made once in ten years.
The criteria for eligibility to receive the grant under these rules shall be as follows:
- The total annual income of the Hindu Religious Institutions from all sources including the income from hundis shall not exceed Rupees twenty five thousand only and this should be supported by a certificate in Form-II, issued by an officer nominated by the Commissioner, Hindu Religious Institutions.
- Provided that the institution is a place of public worship and not owned by any private party;
- Provided further that, if the institution is originally owned by a private party, it should have been donated for religious cause and public utility and such transfer of ownership shall be duly supported by proper legal documents.
Procedure for grant of aid:
- Any Hindu religious institution desiring to get the aid under these rules shall submit an application in the prescribed form (Form-I) to the competent authority along with the certificate in Form-II as specified under Rule 5, herein above. Such application shall be accompanied by a copy of bank pass book, photographs of the institution taken from all sides and other relevant documents for the purposes of facilitating inspection of the institution by the Commissioner or an official nominated by the Commissioner, for the purpose of authentication of the proposal.
- On receipt of the application, the competent authority shall satisfy himself of the veracity of the particulars furnished in the application in such manner and by making such enquiries as he may deem fit.
- Where the competent authority decides that the application is not eligible for financial assistance under these rules, he shall inform the temple authority/president/special officer of the Hindu Religious Institution, furnishing reasons thereof.
- Where the competent authority decides that the application is eligible for assitance under these rules, he may forward the application to the Government.
- On receipt of the sanction from the Government, the competent authority shall draw the amount so sanctioned and disburse the sum by way of crossed cheque to the temple authority/president/special officer of the Hindu Religious Institution on proper acknowledgement and on his/her executing an undertaking in Form-III.
- The amount of financial assistance under these rules shall be utilized only for the purposes for which it was granted and shall be utilized within a period of one year from the date of receipt. Any portion of the grant that is not utlimately required for expenditure for the purposes for which it was sanctioned shall be duly surrendered to the Government. After the utilization of the grant, the temple authority/president/special officer of the Hindu Religious Institutions shall furnish the Utilization Certification in Form-IV to the Competent Authority.
- In case the Hindu Religious Institution does not utilize the amount granted under these rules for the purpose for which it was granted or where the amount is utilized for a purpose other than the one for which it was granted or if it is found by the competent authority that the temple authority/president/special officer of the Hindu Religious Institutions has obtained the grant by fraud or by misrepresentation or by suppression of material facts or if the unutilized portion of the grant is not surrendered as envisaged in rule 6(vi) above, the temple authority/president/special officer of the Hindu Religious Institutions on demand by the competent authority shall forthwith refund the amount granted or the unutilized portion of it within thirty days from the date of issue of the notice together with interest at the rates applicable to Government loans apart from rendering himself liable for any other action deemed fit and necessary by the competent authority. In this regard, the decision of the competent authority shall be final.
- All moneys recoverable from the Hindu Religious under the foregoing sub-rule may be recovered as if they were arrears of land revenue.
- The accounts regarding utilization of grants under these rules shall be maintained by the institution concerned and shall be subject to temple audit.
Necessary Form(s) may be downloaded from Documents of this website
4. GRANT OF EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP, AD-HOC GRANT, ETC TO THE MINORITY MUSLIM STUDENTS.
Financial assistance under the scheme may be extended to uphold the education standards of the students to enable them to continue to attain the level of higher educations for the economic empowerment of the community as a whole.
- The annual income of the parents from all sources should not exceed Rs.60,000/-
- The student should be Indian National and native of the Union Territory of Puducherry by birth or by continuous residence in the union Territory for not less than 5 years.
Course of study covered under the scheme:
1. The scheme shall apply in respect of the following courses:-
- Students of Diploma courses including ITI courses in Technical education
- Higher secondary Education including Intermediate 1st and 2nd year
- Islamic Education in Madarassa.
- Bachelor Degree courses (U.G)
- Master Degree Courses (P.G)
- Professional degree-students undergoing technical education courses in B.E., B.Tech, B.D.S., M.B.B.S., B.U.M.S., BIMS, BAMS, B.Sc (Agri) and similar approved courses.
- Job oriented technical short/long term approved training courses/programmes conducted by recognized/registered institutions/organization.
2. Applicants in full time employment and doing correspondence course are not eligible. However, applicants in part time employment and whose annual income does not exceed Rs.60,000/- and studying in the regular stream are eligible.
3. The students shall not be eligible for the assistance/scholarship/ad-hoc grant if he is detained in a particular class of study and had not been promoted to the next class of study; however the award of scholarship will not be discontinued due to having arrears in previous years.
4. Students who are in receipt of assistance from Government through Education Department, CENTAC or any other Department/Board/corporation etc., for the same purposes are not eligible for assistance under this scheme. However, such cases can be considered for grant of difference amount as against the grant received, if the benefits are comparatively low to that offered under this scheme.
Announcement of the scheme:
The scheme shall be announced by the Board between June-July of each year, indicating the terms and conditions and invite applications by giving appropriate publicity. The scheme shall also be circulated to the educational institutions in the Union Territory of Puducherry and all the Mahalls where wakf institutions prevail for wide publicity. The last date of receipt of applications shall be 30th September of every year in respect of applications of School/Collegiate education & 31st October in respect of profession studies.
Mode of applying:
1. Application for the scholarship may be in the prescribed for (Form-I) and shall contain the following:
- One copy of a recently taken passport size photograph has to be affixed on the application form in the space provided for it, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Attested copy of mandatory educational certificates, matriculation or equivalent certificate, diploma, degree, mark sheets, etc. in respect of all examination passed.
- Attested copy of a testimonial from the Head of the institution last attended.
- Income affidavit of the parents/guardians duly attested by the 1st class from all sources in the prescribed for (Form-II).
- Declaration in Form-II
2. Applications complete in all respect should be submitted to the Board (by designation to the officer mentioned in the advertisement) within the prescribed date.
3. Incomplete application or applications received after the prescribed date shall not be considered.
4. Incorrect entry in the application form or receipt of financial help by way of other scholarships of financial support of relatives or friends shall make the scholarship liable for cancellation.
5. All applications for scholarship shall be routed through the Head of institutions.
6. The applications for scholarship may also be entertained directly by the Board.
7. The scholarship one awarded will be continued upto the completion of the degree course, subject to fulfilling other conditions of the scheme.
8. The scholarship shall be renewable from year to year subject to satisfactory progress and promotion to the next class.
9. The scholarship shall be renewed for each successive year on the basis of an annual progress report to the submitted by the Head of the institution where the student is studying.
Selection of beneficiaries and Competent Authority:
- Applications received from the students either directly or through the education institutions may be considered every year during the month of November and the Board shall finalize the list of eligible beneficiaries.
- Scholarship/grant to the selected beneficiaries shall be disbursed in cash/draft at the Head Quarters of each of the four regions of the U.T., by the Chairperson or his authorized representatives on getting proper acknowledgement and declaration to the effect that the beneficiaries have not received any scholarship/grant from the Government or from any other sources and to abide by the conditions laid down in this scheme.
Quantum of annual scholarship/grant per student:
- H.Sc/Madarassa Education - Rs.1,000/-
- Diploma courses - Rs.1,500/-
- Bachelor Degree courses (U.G) - Rs.2,000/-
- Master Degree courses (P.G) - Rs.3,000/-
- Technical/Professional courses - Rs.8,000/-
- Training on job orientation technical - Reimbursement of actual cost of training Programmes/courses programme not exceeding Rs.5,000/-Per student (maximum 25 students per annual)
Where the students had received scholarship and the same is lesser than the one given by the Board, such students will be eligible only for the differences in the amount as scholarship. The scholarship/grant to the selected students shall be awarded by the Board subject to release of grant by the Government of Puducherry. The part/matching grant if any released by the Central Wakf Council will be adjusted in the grant to be released by the Government of Puducherry in the subsequent financial year.
The students who secure more than 90% of marks in aggregate in the public examination, i.e S.S.L.C/Matriculation and H.Sc. level shall be given Meritorious Cash Award of Rs.1,000/- and Rs.1,500/- each respectively, with Merit Certificate. The students of Collegiate education with Gold Medal shall be awarded Rs.3,000/- each, with Merit Certificate. The awards may be released on the day of distribution of scholarship each year or on such date as may be decided by the Board.
Ad-hoc Grant to needy students:-
1. The Board may be decide on helping the bonafide poor and needy students by extending financial assistance to them to pursue their educational career. The beneficiaries may be identified by their individual approach to the Board and through such rational method of identification of students in real distress as is applicable and are given aid after due scrutiny. The grant may be made usually for purchase of books and payment of tuition fees. The amount of assistance shall not exceed Rs.2,500/-. However, this grant will not be available to students who are in receipt of scholarship under any Government scheme or from any university or private trust/institution.
2. Only those students of Science, Mathematics, Commerce, Economics, Political Science, Public Administration, and Busineess Management of Degree/Post Graduate and in Professional courses will be eligible for ad-hoc grant.
3. This grant by Puducherry Wakf Board is further subject to the condition that:
- The application should be of a bonafide student
- The application should be supported by a certificate from the Head of institution.
- The applicant should also produce a certificate regarding his/her parent’s financial condition.
Withholding of the scholarship/grant:
If the particulars furnished by the applicant are found to be false/suppression of vital material information after the selection process is over but before awarding the scholarship; the Chief Executive Officer shall withhold the sanctioned amount for reasons to be recorded in writing.
Refund of the scholarship/grant:
If the scholarship is cancelled due to breach of any terms or conditions or due to his misconduct, the entire amount shall be recovered in one lump sum.
Necessary Form(s) may be downloaded from Documents of this website
5. ULEMA PENSION SCHEME
“Ulema” means any person who has acquired any degree; diploma or certificate on Islamic theology or the Arabic language from any university, college, Arabic college or Madarassa which consists of persons who have acquired a good knowledge of Islam.
Any persons who has put in continuous service of at least five years as Pesh Imam or Moazzin in any mosque registered as Wakf or attached to a registered wakf, any person who has imparted instruction in Islam or the Arabic language for a continuous period of at least five years in any Arabic college, school or Madarassa registered as a wakf, shall be deemed to have acquired a good knowledge of Islam.
A “Wakf” shall have the same meaning as defined under section 3(r) of the Wakf Act, 1995 and for the purpose of this scheme it shall be construed as such wakfs/wakf institutions that are surveyed and notified by the Government under the Act and coming under the administrative control of the Puducherry State Wakf Board.
The Government shall constitute a committee (sanction committee) consisting of the Minister for Wakfs as the chairman and the following as members (i) one member each from Puducherry/Karaikal/Mahe/Yanam region representing the Wakf Board (ii) A representative of the Jamiat-Ul-Ulema, Puducherry (iii) The Under Secretary/Deputy Secretary to Government of Puducherry in charge of Wakfs and the Chief Executive Officer-cum-Secretary of the Puducherry State Wakf Board-convenor-cum-Member Secretary.
The Sanction committee shall be treated as a First class committee for purposes of traveling allowance and dearness allowance. The expenses shall be met by the Wakf Board.
The address of the Sanction Committee shall be that of the Convenor-cum-Member Secretary. Its records and minutes shall be kept in the Office of the Convenor-cum-Member Secretary
The meetings of the Sanction Committee shall be held twice a year. Its decision shall be communicated by the Convenor-cum- Member-Secretary.
Powers of the Sanction Committee:
The Sanction Committee shall have the power:
- to call for applications for pension from eligible persons under the scheme;
- to conduct enquiries through the Puducherry State Wakf Board or the Revenue authorities or by both;
- to scrutinise the applications and pass orders sanctioning or rejecting a pension;
- to review the financial status or other material details of a pensioner and cancel, reduce or enhance the pension at any time, if the circumstances warrant; and
- to make recommendations generally to improve the status of Ulemas/Moazzins/Muzavars/Teachers in Madarassas.
Eligibility for pension:
A pension under the scheme may be sanctioned to any person, who
- is an Ulema;
- has put in a service'of at least twenty years as Teacher of Islamic theology/Arabic language in Madarassa or as Pesh Imam or Moazzin in Mosque or Muzavar in Dargah;
- is above the age of sixty years:
- Provided, that the requirement of age may be relaxed from 60 years to 50 years and the requirement of qualifying service from 20 years to 10 years in the case of applicants for Ulema Pension who are handicapped or who suffer from any permanent disability, subject to the production of medical certificate issued by the Resident Medical Officer or any other authority competent to do so; and
has no other satisfactory means of livelihood.
Amount of pension:
The amount of pension that may be sanctioned to an Ulema/Moazzin/Muzavar/Teacher under the scheme shall not be more than ₹1,000 (Rupees one thousand only) per month or 50% of the last emolument drawn, whichever is less. The pension sanctioned shall be payable from the date of issue of the sanction order or from any other date specified therein and it cannot be commuted in exchange for the lump sum amount. The pension will cease on the death of the pensioner. Surviving spouse, who was wholly dependent on the pensioner becomes eligible for pension not exceeding 50% of the pension drawn by the pensioner on the date of death.
Suspension and cancellation of pension:
If at any time it is satisfactorily brought to the notice of the Sanction Committee that any pension was sanctioned by the committee on wrong or false information or on mistaken grounds, the committee shall cancel the pension. The Convenor-cum-Member-Secretary shall be empowered to suspend the pension pending consideration, of the Sanction Committee. The pension is liable for cancellation if the pensioner is absent from the Union territory of Puducherry for over three consecutive calendar months, provided, that if the pensioner returned to Puducherry at any time and continued to reside here, the committee shall revive the payment after due verification of the facts relevant to the continuance of the pension, since the sanction of pension is limited to the Union territory of Puducherry only. In such cases, the pensioner shall not be eligible for arrears of pension. The pension is also liable for cancellation, if the pensioner is found to be working elsewhere and drawing emoluments more than that of the quantum of pension offered under this scheme. If the pensioner is in receipt of any other pension for an equal amount or more, the pension sanctioned under this scheme shall stand cancelled.
Method of payment:
The amount of pension due in a month shall be paid before the 15th of the succeeding month by the Puducherry State Wakf Board subject to availability of funds in the budget. The monthly pension may also be paid by money order to the pensioner at the cost of the Wakf Board, provided, the pensioner furnishes advance cash receipt. A muster of the pensioner shall be taken by the Wakf Board at the time of first payment and thereafter at intervals of every six months.
Sanctions to be regulated with reference to budget:
The Sanction Committee shall regulate the sanctions of pension that the total commitment in a year including the cost of meetings shall be restricted to the budget provision made by the Government for the purpose.
Powers of the Government:
- The Government may, from time to time, issue to the Sanction Committee such general or special directions as it may deem fit and in the performance of its duties, and exercise of its powers, the Sanction Committee shall comply with any such directions.
- Power to amend the scheme.— The power to amend this scheme shall be vested solely with the Government of Puducherry.
If any doubt or dispute arises with reference to the interpretation of any of the clauses of this scheme, the matter shall be referred to the Government, whose decision on the same shall be final.
- The application for pension shall be in Form-A.
- The sanction order shall be in Form-B.
- Intimation of change of address shall be in Form - C.
- Death intimation of the pensioner shall be in Form - D.
- Pension Book issued to the pensioner shall be in Form - E.
- Register containing details of Ulema Pensioners shall be in Form - F.
- Acquittance for pension paid shall be in Form - G.
Necessary Form(s) may be downloaded from Documents of this website